Friday, January 27, 2012

childhood memories

I decided that I need to start cleaning out my Dad's basement. There is so much past holed up in there that I have to start sorting and going through in order to move forward. As I go through the belongings of mine and my parents' past I found some amazing treasures.

I found my childhood lunch boxes!!!!

This Care Bear metal lunch box I used when I was in 2nd and 3rd grade.

This plastic Hello Kitty one I used when I was in 4th and part of 5th grade (I got laughed at after awhile using a lunch box cuz it wasn't cool anymore)
Both of these lunch boxes I've loved and used time and time again while growing up. They are still in great condition and I might decide to use them again :)

Then I came across this....

Memories are a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.

This is my beloved Nesquick bunny mug! His name is Quickie :) I couldn't believe that my Mama saved these special treasures for me. It made me laugh and smile when I found them, but a little sad that she is no longer with me to share with the joy.

I had to stop sorting these things for now. I can't wait to see what else I find the next time I come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment